It is the 1st of 2019. Wow! A new promise of stories untold. I just can’t imagine what this new year will bring into my life. Oh, there will work involved to succeed, that is not lost on me. I know my successes will be proportional to the effort and dedication I put in each action and decision I make in life. I foresee growth in the horizon, most definitely because 2019 will mark the end of our military service. After 20 years of military life, switching back to civilian life will be the greatest change for us that I can see from today. What else will the future hold? Time will only tell.
First things first, what do I have planned for my blog for 2019?
If you have partaken in my blogging journey, you know that I love to take on challenges, and this January month is no different. Back in December, I started a Body Declutter Challenge, which I thought was really fun; and so, I will be continuing the challenge for January. As a plus, the constant change of workout means I don’t get bored, which keeps me motivated. So, I will be joining the millions of people that start their new year’s resolution with the quest to a fitter body. Join me on my journey.
Background note: After my first child, I tried to get back in shape and during the time I was starting to see results, I got pregnant with my 2nd child. But, the fittest I’ve been since giving birth to my first child was when I was diagnosed with cancer. I was going to the gym religiously then. So you see how the flow of my life when I endeavor to get fit. It’s scary; but, fear should not stop me from attaining my goal, however.
Side note: I will be seeing an Endocrinologist sometime this month. True to the path of my fitness quest. I will keep you posted.
My January 2019 Challenges
- Exercise Regimen (Mondays)
- I’ve already reviewed and posted 3 unsponsored and free exercise apps for the month of December. I will continue to give you 4 more for the month of January. I am enjoying this motivated quest for a healthier me and I will ride it for as long as I can.
- Face Regimen (Wednesdays)
- Just a few months from now, I will be turning 44 years young! 44, you guys! For Christmas, both my sister gave me a face lotion that promises to slow down the process of skin aging (or maybe that’s how they sold it to me – forever trying to convince me to take care of my skin.) All I know is, it’s expensive and that they love it. (I’m a middle child, btw.) So I will be giving this product a go. I don’t really have a face regimen I do nor a product I use religiously. (I’m low maintenance, as much as possible.) So, I’m thinking, this product will probably be my fountain of youth if I remember to use it. Haha To motivate me, I’m turning it as my new year’s resolution challenge – which starts today.
- Vegan Recipes (Fridays)
- I received a Vegan Cookbook from my sister’s mother-in-law for Christmas. It was totally unexpected and I totally love the act. I will be trying at least 1 recipe from the cookbook for the month of January each week. Tune in to see how I faired.
What else do I have in-store?
- I do want to start reading more blogs to show my support and I am learning so much form others as well. I want to start featuring more of the sites I love along the way. I will call it: Saturday Shoutouts. Watch out for these. I have given shoutouts to several bloggers in 2018 but I want this to be present in my blog more often. This is a great way for me to connect.
- This year, we are also getting our home’s siding and roof changed due to damages. Big, big, big expense! Big!! So I will continue on featuring ways I save on everyday expenses. As well as write about what we have learned with our experience with changing our siding and roof. (Owning a home has so many unexpected expenses – which I will also write about.)
- The new outside look of my house is nudging me to do some makeover inside as well. I will be doing some painting for sure. I want to beautify our home on a budget. So there will be DIY projects along this venture. I think it’s time I switch my mindset. For years, my home looked undone because I feel like any time we will be moving again on military orders. So I didn’t really care much about what our home looked like. Now, I do.
- Continue to share free educational courses I come across. I found free access to Ancestry.com! I will tell you more about it in a future post.
- Share our progression from military to civilian life.
Just to list a few…..
I am feeling optimistic about what 2019 will bring into my life. I know that if I just change my mindset, I can see the beauty in everything, whether life takes me on an easy or hard path – there will always be growth, regardless. Looking forward to where life takes me. With hard work I know I can achieve the goals I set out for myself. It may or may not be easy but life has a history of throwing me curve balls. May 2019 be prosperous for us both.
Until next time.