My blog just hit its 3rd month today. Yay! What better way to celebrate than with a Sunshine Blogger Award nomination. The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to a blogger by his/her blogger peers as recognition for being creative, or uplifting, or inspiring, or all of the above. I am happy to announce that I have been nominated by @casual_my for the Sunshine Blogger Award, making it my 6th time being nominated. Thank you, My Casual Reflections. Please check out my other Sunshine Blogger award posts: 1st edition and 2nd edition. It’s definitely appreciated and of great influence, to me personally, to see that my efforts bring a ray of sunshine to someone’s day, especially since I’m still a fairly new blogger, who still hits learning roadblocks in my efforts to establish my blog.
Here are a few rules to this award and nominations:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and links back to her /his blog.
- Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and give them 11 questions you have chosen.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
Here are the 11 questions prepared for me by @casual_my and my answers. (She prefers to use an alias for privacy purposes.)
What inspires you?
- Not to sound sappy, but my kids inspire me. Being of shy nature, and an introvert, if not for them, I’ll happily stay within my bubble. But because of them, I am constantly doing things I naturally shy away from and learning more about myself along the way. I am their strongest advocate and will go beyond my fear to help them grow and become productive and caring citizens of the world.
What three words best describe you?
- Simple, shy, practical
What do you do to get rid of stress?
- I try to sleep it off first, when I can, to distance myself from the issue. It helps clear my head to tackle the issue with a more calm and attentive focus.
What were you really into when you were a kid?
- I used to participate, kindergarten to 6th grade, with a group of my classmate in every school-sponsored event with a new well-rehearsed dance performance each time. My aunts were our choreographers. I really enjoyed being able to spend so much time with my closest friends and bond thru the experiences.
Have you ever spoken in front of a large group of people? How did it go?
- The largest group I have spoken in front of was a class during college. I was very nervous and read the whole presentation thru, never once looking at anyone. It’s either that or I don’t go thru it at all. If I don’t go thru it, I fail. I rather have a bad grade than a failing grade. Public speaking still scares me to this day but it does get better with each experience.
Who had the biggest impact on the person you have become?
- My dad.
Where is the most beautiful place you have been?
- Hawaii is it for me because it’s the first time I’ve traveled across an ocean as an adult. I’m sure there are other more beautiful places, as I see from travel bloggers’ posts, but it was my first-time experience with clear ocean water with visible colorful fish just swimming around me. Flew first class too with donated airline points. It was a very good first time traveling experience in my early 20s.
What smell brings back great memories?
- Candied Purple Yam. My dad used to make a great big batch of it during Christmas each year in this gigantic pot, that likens a kid’s bathtub due to its enormous size, over a live fire in our garden. It took him and my grandpa all day to turn something liquid into solid, with a whole lot of mixing involved to avoid the bottom crusting over and burning.
What was the last movie you watched? How was it?
- In the theaters: Avengers: Infinity War. It was really good. Although, everyone’s new look was throwing me off at first.
- At home: Gran Torino. This one’s great too. I enjoy Clint Eastwood movies.
What kind of music do you listen to?
- Because of my kids: Pop. Aside from that, I don’t really have a specific genre that I listen to. I do love songs by Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. though to name a few. Songs that help get me moving, or dance, are great. Disney songs are great too.
If you could teach everyone in the world one thing, what would it be?
- Persistence gets the job done, and done correctly. Maybe not the first try or the second or the third or hundredth even, but it will get done when there’s will.
I honestly do not know who started the Sunshine Blogger Award, and I wish that was part of the Sunshine Blogger Post, the originator of the award. If you do know, please let me know. I’d love to give a shoutout to the person who started it all.
So, I wanted to do something different for this 3rd edition post of Sunshine Blogger Award. Instead of posting 11 questions for 11 nominees, I would just love to give a shoutout to the other bloggers whose blogs I have enjoyed. These are bloggers that I have not mentioned in the other 2 posts that came before. Please check them out when you get a chance. I have enjoyed their sites and I know you will find valuable information in them as I have. They are as follows, in no particular order:
And there you have it, my 3rd edition of Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you for stopping by.