My teen is currently volunteering for the city a few days a week, which means I have to drive with the early commuters each time. Traffic is not so bad, thankfully. On my way back home, I try to squeeze in some fitness steps with productive bargain hunting. This morning I hit Kroger. This post will breakdown my finds this morning, along with ways I have adopted to save on groceries. Read more below.
I’m especially excited to try the vegetarian no-chicken broth as vegetable broth tend to be too tomato based and there is this chicken noodle soup I used to eat in my pre-vegan days. From the box it looks like I might have a chance replicating the recipe with it. We will have to wait and see. I would very much love to eat “chicken” noodle soup again.
So, for the breakdown:
- Organic Fresh Bananas** = $1.37/2 lb
- Fresh Grapes** = 3.97/2.14 lb
- Chobani Flip Yogurt = $0.50/1
- Classico Vodka Sauce = $1.99/1 + $1/1 digital coupon* + $.50/1 Ibotta rebate = $0.49/1
- Imagine Organic Broccoli Creamy Soup = $1.49/1
- Imagine Organic Vegetarian No-Chicken Broth = $1.49/1
- Mom’s Beast Cereals Old Fashion Oats = $1.49/1 + $1/1 digital coupon* = $0.49/1
- Simple Truth Greek Yogurt = $0.49/1
- Tide laundry detergent = $5.99 + $3/1 digital coupon* = $2.99/1
- Van’s Simply Wholesome Chocolate Chip Waffle = $1.24/1
Not on sale but needed:
- Seventh Generation Dish Soap = $2.69/1
- Tortilla** = $1.50/1 pck
* Digital coupon can be used up to 5 times
** Not pictured
Total out of pocket = $25.61.
Ways I have adopted to save on groceries
- Kroger. This is a free app. I take advantage of the digital coupons available on this app, which once activated, will be automatically deducted during checkout when I scan my loyalty reward or input the phone number attached to the loyalty card. It also allows me to see what is on sale as well as make a grocery list.
- Ibotta. This is a free app that offer cash back rebates on certain products. All I do is activate the rebate on my app and submit a photo of my receipt. The minimum redemption on this app is $20, which can then be transferred to Paypal or exchange for a number of popular gift cards. Here’s my Ibotta referral link if you are interested in joining Ibotta. Once you sign up, you may also promote your own referral link to get your referral bonus for each successful referral.
- Saving Star. This is also a free app that gives cash back rebates on certain products. All I have to do is activate the rebate and submit a photo of my receipt. The minimum redemption for this is $20, which can be transferred to a personal bank account, Paypal, or exchange for a Starbucks/AMC/iTunes gift card code.
- Checkout51. This is also a free app that gives cash back rebates on certain products. All I have to do is activate the rebate and submit a photo receipt. The minimum redemption for this is $20 and once redeemed will be sent out to a home address on file.
If you are interested in earning money for the steps you activities you do every day, check out my post here.
I hope I am able to help you save on groceries and extend your budget with this post.
You may also find another one of my post helpful, 10 Ways I’ve Adopted to Get me Closer to FI.
Until next time.